Greetings from the land of student teaching and uni assignments. The 11 year olds of Templestowe have treated me well and I have lived to tell the tale. A couple of weeks of respite and it's back into the throng for the final half of the course and the year.
I ran my eyes over my rss feed and it was chock full of goodies. So...here goes...
- The funny and erudite Patrick Alexander lets us know about the pieces he's had in the latest volume of Dark Horse Presents. Amuse yourself by checking out his goodies online and go out and grab a copy of DHP.
|Watch out for The Wraith by Patrick Alexander. Lock up your grans.|
- Need some Drawing Discipline? Expat Melbournian Nicola Hardy has all you need to get motivated to create.
- Do cartoonists draw Julia Gillard's bum too big? And is it sexist to do so? Ask Crikey and they'll ask the cartoonists.
- Sam Wallman is still kicking it. The more i see, the more i like.
- Ive brings the humour - bmp! tch!
- Mel Stringer is selling Girlie Pains minicomics!
- Eddie Campbell has started blogging again.
- Forced Hand, art by Gee Hale. You want Australian crime comics with action? I'll give you Australian crime comics with action.
- Showman! by David Blumenstien. Look into the eyes of Bret Braddock and buy the book.
- And while your at it check out his podcast Comic Book Funny.
And finally... what is Inherent Vice? Listen to Pat Grant on the latest episode of TheComicSpot program to find out more. Listen at the 3CR DIY Arts podcast page.
Part the second coming in a few days.